Registered Dietitians are food and nutrition specialists that are regulated by the College of Dietitians of Ontario. Registered Dietitians are the ONLY recognized experts in transforming medical and nutrition information into practical and individualized therapeutic diets, healthy meal plans, and nutrition education for health and well being.
Accordingly, the services of Registered Dietitians are covered by most Extended Health Care Plans. At Altima wellness Centre we will work with you and your budget to ensure that you get the help you need.
Our experienced Registered Dietitian, is a unique and valuable resource for your dietary needs.
Our Registered Dietitian will:
- Analyze your physical condition and history
- Work with you to identify your personalized Nutrition Care Goals
- Develop an individualized Nutrition Care Plan to help you achieve your goals
- Advise and educate you on your nutrition lifestyle
How often will you need to see the dietitian?
The number of sessions will depend on your personal goals and needs. Typically an Initial Assessment is followed by 4 half-hour follow-up sessions.
What does the initial assessment include?
- Analysis of medical and family history, food/nutrition history, and physical condition*
- Development of personal Nutrition Care Goals
- Development of a Nutrition Care Plan
- Nutrition Education
*To get the most value out of your initial assessment we give you the opportunity to fill out a detailed questionnaire in advance of your first appointment in order to begin the analysis prior to your first visit.
What do the follow-up sessions include?
The follow-up sessions are a ½ hour and will include:
- Goal review
- Progress tracking
- Nutrition Education
What does the meal plan include?
- Personalized 5-day meal plan with recipes
- ½ hour education session to review the meal plan
Click on the “dietitian” link under the services tab to learn more about the services provided by our dietitian and to book your appointment.
Note: We offer special packages with reduced prices, which include a free consultation, initial assessment as well as follow-ups.
By: Nada Abualoon, RD