The following are the recommended four steps to follow after a car accident:
1. Call the police
- Record the attending officer’s information, names of any witnesses & all those involved in the accident
- Take pictures if possible
2. Get Help
- Contact your family doctor
- Get the necessary assessment and rehabilitation treatments
- Contact a legal representative
- Contact your insurance company within 7 days
- Report your injury to your employer or school
- Act fast to make sure you will not miss any deadlines
- Record the names of all attending health care professionals
- Record all the ongoing changes in your health
- Keep all receipts for related expenses
Good things to know:
- As the driver, passenger or pedestrian, you can receive treatments and claim compensation for losses to the car’s insurance company, even if you do not have your own coverage.
- Altima Wellness Centre has helped many patients who were involved in car accidents with their treatments and claims. Our staff and practitioners are highly experienced with accident cases and will help you in every step of the process until your full recovery.
- We work with your family doctor and lawyer. However, no referral is necessary.
- We charge insurance companies directly, so you do not need to pay anything out of pocket.