Whiplash is a common injury to the neck area; it is also called neck strain or sprain. Whiplash injuries are mainly due to rear impacts and normally occur after sudden acceleration-deceleration forces. Motor Vehicle Accidents (e.g., car accidents) are common causes of whiplash injuries that if stays untreated it might eventually lead to severe conditions including depression and anxiety.
Some symptoms of whiplash are as follow:
- Neck stiffness
- Shoulder and back pain
- Difficulty swallowing
Whiplash injury is treatable, especially when diagnosed early and therapy starts soon after the accident. The appropriate treatment is unique to each injury, however your therapist might recommend the following to treat whiplash injuries:
- Special stretching and strengthening exercises
- Mobilization and manual therapy
- Muscle relaxation and simulation
Our health care professionals at Altima Wellness Centre are very experienced in treatment of whiplash injuries. They can help you get back to your normal daily activity and recover as soon as possible. Please book your free consultation today.
P.S: Please also see our post on What to do after a car accident.
Now you have THREE OPTIONS to book your appointment:
- See available times and schedule your appointment using our ONLINE BOOKING TOOL
- Call us at 905.237.8439
- Fill out the following form and we will contact you within 1 business day. Please ensure to include your call back number.