Tape it Up!
The colorful tapes you see on professional sport players and increasingly on endurance athletes is more than just a fun shade of athletic tape. Kinesiotaping, or Neuro-proprioceptive taping is a new type of therapy that optimizes tissue regeneration by either stimulating muscles or working on cutaneous and subcutaneous tissues. What makes Kinesiotaping effective and safe is that it works based on the body’s natural healing process.
Today, many medical professionals around the world use Kinesiotaping to complement the treatment of their athletic and non-athletic patients. Benefits of Kinesiotaping include:
- Reduce inflammation and pain
- Prevent injuries and correct posture
- Taping does not restrict movement
- The tape adhesive is heat-activated and hypo-allergenic
Like any medical treatment, Kinesiotaping works the best when it is performed by a trained practitioner. At Altima Wellness Centre, you receive Kinesiotaping therapy only from a licensed practitioner who has been certified to provide such service. This therapy is covered under Chiropractic and/or Physiotherapy services.
Services provided by a Registered Chiropractor are covered by most Insurance Plans (e.g., Private, MVA, WSIB). Please refer to FEES for details.
Now you have THREE OPTIONS to book your appointment:
- See available times and schedule your appointment using our ONLINE BOOKING TOOL
- Call us at 905.237.8439
- Fill out the following form and we will contact you within 1 business day. Please ensure to include your call back number.